A few weeks ago I got myself a nice Christmas present: a boot. What a shitty Christmas present!
After getting into the Boston Marathon, I decided I better see a doctor about my mystery injury so I could be sure I'd be able to run the marathon without needing an amputation after.
Turns out I have a coalition -- aka a couple bones in my foot are fused together. Fun! Not what I expected at all, but sometimes that happens. Gotta roll with it I guess.
The end of this year really did still really throw a wrench in my plans, but life goes on...so...Happy New Year! Let's set some goals :)
Last note about the foot -- I'm still blaming the new shoes I bought and am pretty frustrated, but I also know I need to be safe and follow instructions if I want to feel better in the fastest amount of time. Fingers crossed I will be able to run the New Orleans Rock N Roll Half and then the Boston Marathon! I won't be sure for a couple more weeks if that is possible, but I'm just going to hope for the best. I guess this is the start of my goals for 2017!
First let's review 2016...
- Rock N Roll New Orleans Half Marathon w/Team Challenge New England - check!
- Reach the Beach Relay - check!
- Volunteer at 5 races - close! volunteered at 3 races
- Wide grip pull ups - nope
- Aerial progress & class weekly - nope
- Yoga weekly - nope
- Finish fitness programs - check! completed 21 day fix
Not a bad 2016. I didn't stick to some of these goals, but also completed some pretty huge stuff that I didn't even plan on doing at the beginning of the year (like that marathon I ran).
- Complete the Boston Marathon without further injury
- Rehab foot (not quite sure what this means...hopefully no brace or tape needed for running, but we shall see)
- Organize a 5K
- Volunteer at 5 races
- Reach the Beach Relay
- Join another Ragnar team as a last minute fill in
- Monthly chiropractor visits (because my hips are ALWAYS out of place)
- Run a half marathon in a new state (start checking off more of the 50 states - 47 to go)
- Consistency in healthly routine
Have you set your 2017 goals yet? Take a minute to set some this week. Photo collage optional. If nothing else, it's fun to see what you wanted to do at the beginning of the year versus what actually happened :)
Hi, I'm Jessie!
I live in NH with my husband and our pup. My favorite things are coaching Girls on the Run, eating good food that I didn't have to cook, helping other people work on their health, volunteering for and running races, watching tv, doing yoga, and spending too much time on social media. #Balance